Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Just a Matter of Time...

Ever have one of those friends in life who no matter how much time goes by it just doesn't matter? I met Rune Lind back in 1998 during my freshman year at Bard College in NY. I was studying photography and he filmmaking. We had numerous late night discussions about the similarities and differences between our chosen mediums, each of us intrigued by the other's creative pursuits. Then, after college, Rune continued working in NY and I moved out to Portland. We both knew that we would "make it" in our respective fields but just never knew to what extent. Every now and then I would search around on Google trying to locate Rune. I was able to find this project or that that he was working on, but no way of actually locating him directly. In the past couple of weeks, I opened up accounts on MySpace and Facebook for fun. You always hear stories about people re-connecting with friends from high school, college, and the like. Well, Rune found me through Facebook just the other day (nearly 10 years since we had first met). I knew it would be just a matter of time... We had an IM chat today and it was just like old times. Technology, the internet, all of what is yet to come -- it's just so amazing!

Rune is currently working as a director in Manhattan. To view a clip of his recent work, click HERE.


A photo of Rune showing that he is older and wiser!

No comments: